Hello friends. I’ve shared this in several comments on folks’ blogs today so I feel it necessary to post and have it delivered to your Inbox. This combination has been SUCH a positive change for me that I need to reshare it with my readers who deal with the same issues as I do.
I listed more specifics of my history below, but the combination here was prescribed after I was hospitalized for attempting suicide, resulting from clinical depression. The combination is 20 MG of Lexapro with 2 MG of Abilify taken once a day. I take them at night so any effects of tiredness at work are minimized.
From what I understand this is a NEWER combination. I was told that the drug representatives have been pushing it as a miracle cure. I will attest to that. Some old school doctors may be skeptic so if you choose to discuss this with them, PLEASE be sure to mention this paragraph and my story to them.
For perspective, here are some quick facts about my background-
- I am 41 years old as of the writing of this post. I have struggled with clinical depression since around middle school/7th grade.
- I have anxiety disorder (Dr.’s notes).
- I have a depressive disorder. (Dr.’s notes)
- I have a mood disorder…”unipolar” (Dr.’s notes).
- I have adult ADHD. (Dr.’s notes)
- I have had sleep apnea for about 8 years.
- I attempted suicide on September 14, 2015. I was saved by my angel, Chelise. I would not be alive if it weren’t for her.
Results of this combination-
NOTE: As of the date of this post (2/18/15), I’ve been taking this (anti-depressant) combination since around 9/22/14, or about 5 months. Since I’ve been taking this combination…
- I have not made any suicide attempts.
- I have experienced mild and sporadic sadness (two times that I can attest to) but no fall down episodes of crying in the fetal position on the kitchen floor.
- I have not felt catatonic and lethargic and to the point where I come home and lay on the couch for the rest of the night. On the other hand, I am not hyperactive or overly energetic.
- I have experienced happiness.
- I recently started exercising again.
- I have more drive in my daily life (I have a side business).
I could not be more satisfied with the results of this combination. Though I NEVER anticipated the results to be positive, they are a welcome reprieve from everything I described about Specter and my personal story.