I would like to graciously and humbly thank Rose with Thorns for nominating me for this award. It is awarded to blogs with less than 500 followers. Anna asked me the following questions (bold), and I’ve followed with my answers in non-bold text:
1. What scared you as a child but is humorous now? As a toddler, I grew up outside of a naval base. This base was home to fighter jets. Really loud fighter jets. They would soar over our neighborhood and would terrify me. My mom loves to tell the story of a time when I was scared so much I tried running out the back of our house from the living room. Not even thinking to open them, I ran full force into the sliding glass doors and was knocked back onto the floor. Pretty humorous mom. Pretty humorous.
2. What television or movie character do you relate the most to? Indiana Jones. Definitely.
3. What are three words you would use to describe where you live? “Beachy” and “four seasons”. I live in Norfolk, VA, USA.
4. If you could move anywhere, where would you go? If I was single and didn’t have a daughter, it would definitely be Australia. I went there once for two weeks when I was a Marine stationed in Okinawa, Japan. I loved it and have always wanted to return.
5. What makes you laugh? Jim Gaffigan. Jim Gaffigan makes me laugh.
6. What makes you cry? When I was much younger I used to try to save birds from my cat. The birds were always wounded and I tried my best to nurse them back to health. They usually died. That always made me cry.
7. Do you prefer sticking to a schedule or making things up as you go through the day? Stick to a schedule. Not having a schedule makes me anxious. I don’t have to necessarily stick to every item on that schedule, but I like to have items that serve as goals throughout the day. I like lists.
8. What was your favorite vacation memory? Family camping was always my favorite vacation memory.
9. If you were an animal, what would you be? I imagine I would be a wombat. I’m tired a lot and could probably sleep during the day. I’m more alert at night. My eating habits are poor – I have a fixation for large portions and junk food, and when I’m nervous or depressed, I graze like a field animal. I’m not sure if that’s similar to the “bulldozer of Australia”, but I know they like to burrow under farm fences and eat crops.
10. What is your favorite name? I’m fond of my daughter’s name, Lexie.
11. How often do you blog? How often do you want to blog? I used to blog daily, sometimes several times a day. Recently I’ve been blogging probably 1-2 times per week. I would like to blog daily or at the minimum, 2-3 times per week. I would also like to think of a way to put my content on You Tube. This may not be the ideal blog for You Tube posts so this ideas may come out of a future project. Right now Surviving the Specter is attached to Twitter and it can be a challenge to stay on top of both platforms. I need to be more involved in Twitter since I’m not using it to my best advantage.
Here are the bloggers that I nominate for this award:
All you need to do is answer the questions below, display this award on your blog, and nominate more people (usually eleven) who have under 500 followers. Here are my questions to my nominees:
- How would you describe your blog content to someone who has not read it?
- What inspired you to begin blogging?
- What have you learned about yourself from blogging?
- What one piece of advice about blogging can you give to someone based on your experience?